Last updated on November 27, 2023
CSK Unlisted Share Description – Founded in 2008, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) is an Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise cricket team based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The team is owned by India Cements Limited through the Chennai Super Kings Cricket Limited holding company.
The team was suspended for two years from the IPL starting July 2015 due to the involvement of its owners in the 2013 IPL betting case and won the title in its comeback season of 2018. In January 2022, CSK became India’s first unicorn sports enterprise.
CSK has won the IPL title five times (in 2010, 2011, 2018, 2021, and 2023), and has the highest win 58.41% of all matches in the IPL. In addition, CSK also won the Champions League Twenty20 in 2010 and 2014. The team is currently captained by Mahendra Singh Dhoni and coached by Stephen Fleming. The brand value of Chennai Super Kings in 2022 was estimated to be around INR 2,500 crore, making it one of the most valuable IPL franchises.
Read Also: Hero FinCorp Unlisted Share Price
Revenue Sources (Products & Services) of CSK
- Media Rights Income
- Sponsorship Income
- Stadium Tickets
- Games Accessories
- Other Merchandise
CSK Subsidiary Companies
- Superking Ventures Private Limited
- Joburg Super Kings (PTY) Ltd
What Makes CSK Interesting?
Media rights account for 70-75% of revenues for most of the IPL teams while sponsorship revenue reportedly forms around 20-25% of the top line.
According to Elara Capital, IPL’s media rights are likely to fetch over INR 50,000 crore over the next five years (2023 – 2028), effectively growing 3-4X. CSK being one of the biggest names in the league is likely to benefit the most from this trend through higher media-related revenues.
Key Highlights –
- CSK shares started trading at about INR 23-28 and at its peak in 2022, when there was a lot of euphoria around the startup ecosystem in India, the shares touched as high as INR 230.
- CSK submitted a bid on 13 July 2022 to acquire a franchisee in the T20 domestic league conducted by Cricket South Africa, pursuant to which, a license was granted for participating in the league in the city of Johannesburg. The team, named Joburg Super Kings, participated in the inaugural tournament called SA20 in 2023.
- Chennai-headquartered drone startup Garuda Aerospace has entered into a partnership with Chennai Super Kings. As part of the agreement, Garuda Aerospace will be the official drone partner for the 2023 season, marking the first-ever drone partnership for a team.
Read Also: boAt Unlisted Share Price
CSK Board of Directors
- Mr. Kalidaikuruchi Subramaniam Viswanathan, Whole time Director & CEO
- Mr. Ranganathan Srinivasan, Chairman
- Mr. Rakesh Singh, Director
- Ms. Kalyanasundaram Balasubramanyam, Director
- Ms. Jayashree Ekambaram, Director
- Mr. Ramgopal Kalathingal, Director
- Mr. Subramanian Palaniappan, Director
CSK Unlisted Share Details
|Name||Chennai Super Kings Cricket Limited|
|Face Value||INR 0.10 per share|
|Lot Size||100 shares|
|Demat Status||NSDL, CDSL|
|CSK Unlisted Share Price||INR 173 per share|
|Market Cap||INR 5,331 crore|
|Total number of shares||30,81,53,074 shares|
CSK Unlisted Share Details – Shareholding Pattern
Details of shareholders holding more than 5% of the equity shares capital in the company:
|Shareholder Name||% to Holding||No. of shares|
|EWS Finance and Investments Private Ltd||21.47||66,168,057|
|Sri Saradha Logistics Private Limited||6.89||21,241,593|
|Mrs. Rupa Gurunath, Trustee||6.48||19,954,024|
|Life Insurance Corporation of India||6.04||18,609,745|
|Trustees, India Cements||1.76||5,428,955|
CSK Unlisted Share Details – Financial Metrics
|Particulars||FY 2020||FY 2021||FY 2022||FY 2023|
|Revenue Growth (%)||(14.69)||(29.25)||37.61||(10.32)|
CSK Annual Reports
Read Also: NSE Unlisted Share Price
CSK Unlisted Share FAQs
Is it safe to purchase unlisted shares in India?
While there are risks associated with unlisted shares, purchases made from credible brokers and after conducting due diligence considerably lower these risks.
What is CSK unlisted share price?
CSK unlisted stock price in November 2023 is INR 173 per share. Shares are purchased in lots of 100 shares.
Who determines CSK share price today?
The unlisted share price is determined by a variety of factors including recent transaction price, supply and demand, valuation in the latest funding round, profitability, and return ratios.
When is CSK IPO planned?
CSK has been de-merged by its parent India Cements into a separate entity named Chennai Super Kings Cricket Limited. A demerger is usually seen as a step towards IPO. However, there has been no further update on CSK IPO.