Last updated on May 8, 2023
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Description – Incorporated in 2015, Sterlite Power is a leading private-sector power transmission infrastructure developer and solutions provider, operating in India and Brazil. The company is the largest private player in terms of project portfolio under the inter-state Tariff-Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) route, with a market share of 26% of transmission projects awarded through the route.
Sterlite Power develops integrated power transmission infrastructure and solutions through two business units: Global Infrastructure and Solutions. Its Global Infrastructure business unit has a global focus, with operations currently in India and Brazil.
In relation to Brazil, for projects auctioned by Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Authority (ANEEL) between January 2017 and June 2021, the company had a market share of 13%. According to some market forecasts, Brazil’s power sector is set to witness robust growth over the coming decade with total electricity capacity set to increase from 181.6 GW in 2020 to 238.5 GW in 2030.
With an industry-leading portfolio of power conductors, extra-high voltage (EHV) cables, and optical ground wire (OPGW), Sterlite Power offers solutions for upgrading, uprating, and strengthening existing networks, and is the leading manufacturer of bare overhead conductors, exporting to over 60 countries.
Sterlite Power is also the sponsor of IndiGrid, India’s first power sector Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT), listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE). Sterlite Power has been recognized with prestigious global awards from S&P Global Platts and International Project Management Association (IPMA).
The company has completed 10 power transmission projects in India and one in Brazil, which it has sold. Sterlite Power also sold three projects in Brazil that were in various stages of development. Further, it currently has 11 projects in various stages of construction and development (5 in India and 6 in Brazil).
Read Also: Nifty Auto Index – Check the full list of important constituents
Products & Services of the Sterlite Power
- Conductors – Supply to 60+ countries
- Optical Ground Wire (OPGW) – Capacity of 18,000 km/year
- Cables & Solutions – Wide product range covering 6.6 kV to 400 kV power cables
Sterlite Power Projects
- Jabalpur Transmission Company Limited (JTCL)
- Bhopal Dhule Transmission Company Limited (BDTCL)
- RAPP Transmission Company Limited (RTCL)
- Maheshwaram Transmission Company Limited (MTCL)
- Purulia & Kharagpur Transmission Company Limited (PKTCL)
- NRSS XXIX Transmission Limited (NRSS)
- East-North Interconnection Company Limited (ENICL)
- Gurgaon-Palwal Transmission Limited (GPTL)
- Khargone Transmission Limited (KTL)
- NER II Transmission Limited (NER-II)
- Odisha Generation Phase-II Transmission Limited (OGPTL)
- Goa-Tamnar Transmission Project Limited (GTTPL)
- Lakadia-Vadodara Transmission Project Ltd. (LVTPL)
- Udupi Kasargode Transmission Ltd. (UKTL)
- Mumbai Urja Marg Transmission Limited (erstwhile known as VNLTL)
- Nangalbibra Bongaigaon Transmission Limited (NBTL)
- Kishtwar Transmission Project Limited (KTPL)
Key Highlights – FY 2022
- Approval of Draft Red Herring Prospectus
- The company now has a total portfolio of 17 transmission projects in India, spanning more than 9,529 ckm, through a total capex of INR 25,262 crores (USD 3.60 billion).
- The company has developed a portfolio of 13 transmission projects in the fast-growing South American nation, spanning 4,416 ckm, through a total capex of INR 11,983 crores (USD 1.50 billion).
- MTCIL JV not only became PAT positive but also 100% debt free
- Acquisition of 64.98% equity stake in MTCIL JV
- Provided 99.98% uptime over the reliable network
Read Also: Biggest Unlisted Companies in India
Sterlite Power Board of Directors
- Pravin Agarwal, Chairman
- Pratik Pravin Agarwal, Managing Director
- A.R Narayanaswamy, Non-Executive & Independent Director
- Mr. Anoop Seth, Independent Director
- Manish Agarwal, Whole Time Director (Additional Director)
- Kamaljeet Kaur, Whole-time Director (Group CHRO)
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Details
|Name||Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Details|
|Face Value||INR 2 per share|
|Lot Size||50 shares|
|Demat Status||NSDL, CDSL|
|Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Price||INR 515 per share|
|Total number of shares||6,11,81,902 shares|
|Market Cap||INR 3,150 crore|
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Details – Shareholding Pattern
Top equity shareholders of the company as on 31 March 2022:
|Shareholder Name||% to Holding||No. of shares|
|Promoter and promoter group||74.4||45,533,851|
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Details – Financial Metrics
|Particulars||FY 2020||FY 2021||FY 2022|
|Revenue Growth (%)||(15.49)||(30.35)||148.40|
|Dividend (per share)||–||5.30||–|
* Figures represent ratios on standalone basis
Read Also: Best IPOs That Doubled Investors’ Money
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Peer Comparison
Sales CAGR (%)
|PE Ratio||ROCE (%)||Net Margin (%)||MCap|
|Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd||10.9||22.0||13.4||3.62||8,636|
|Adani Transmission Ltd||15.5||113.0||7.15||10.98||2,20,476|
|K E C International Ltd||7.70||58.6||14.1||2.42||12,640|
Sterlite Power Annual Reports
Sterlite Power Annual Report FY 2021 – 2022
Sterlite Power Annual Report FY 2020 – 2021
Sterlite Power Draft Red Herring Prospectus
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share FAQs
Is it safe to purchase unlisted shares in India?
While there are risks associated with unlisted shares, purchases made from credible brokers and after conducting due diligence considerably lower these risks.
What is Sterlite Power unlisted share price?
Sterlite Power unlisted stock price in May 2023 is INR 515 per share. Shares are purchased in lots of 50 shares.
Who determines Sterlite Power share price?
Unlisted share price is determined by a variety of factors including recent transaction price, supply and demand, valuation in the latest funding round, profitability, and return ratios.
When is Sterlite Power IPO planned?
Pratik Agarwal, Managing Director of Sterlite Power, said that given the volatility in the current markets and the limited window available under the currently filed DRHP, it has been decided to withdraw the DRHP.