Last updated on November 27, 2023
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Description – Incorporated in 2015, Sterlite Power is a leading private-sector power transmission infrastructure developer and solutions provider, operating in India and Brazil. The company is the largest private player in terms of project portfolio under the inter-state Tariff-Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) route, with a market share of 26% of transmission projects awarded through the route.
Sterlite Power develops integrated power transmission infrastructure and solutions through two business units: Global Infrastructure and Solutions. Its Global Infrastructure business unit has a global focus, with operations currently in India and Brazil.
In relation to Brazil, for projects auctioned by the Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Authority (ANEEL) between January 2017 and June 2021, the company had a market share of 13%. According to some market forecasts, Brazil’s power sector is set to witness robust growth over the coming decade with total electricity capacity set to increase from 181.6 Gigawatts (GW) in 2020 to 238.5 Gigawatts (GW) in 2030.
With an industry-leading portfolio of power conductors, extra-high voltage (EHV) cables, and optical ground wire (OPGW), Sterlite Power offers solutions for upgrading, uprating, and strengthening existing networks, and is the leading manufacturer of bare overhead conductors, exporting to over 60 countries.
Sterlite Power is also the sponsor of IndiGrid, India’s first power sector Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT), listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE). Sterlite Power has been recognized with prestigious global awards from S&P Global Platts and the International Project Management Association (IPMA).
The company has completed 10 power transmission projects in India and one in Brazil, which it has sold. Sterlite Power also sold three projects in Brazil that were in various stages of development. Further, it currently has 31 projects in various stages of construction and development (18 in India and 13 in Brazil).
Products & Services of the Sterlite Power
- Conductors – Supply to 70+ countries
- Optical Ground Wire (OPGW) – Capacity of ~20,000 km/year
- Cables & Solutions – Wide product range covering 6.6 kV to 220 kV power cables
Sterlite Power Projects
- Jabalpur Transmission Company Limited (JTCL)
- Bhopal Dhule Transmission Company Limited (BDTCL)
- RAPP Transmission Company Limited (RTCL)
- Maheshwaram Transmission Company Limited (MTCL)
- Purulia & Kharagpur Transmission Company Limited (PKTCL)
- NRSS XXIX Transmission Limited (NRSS)
- East-North Interconnection Company Limited (ENICL)
- Gurgaon-Palwal Transmission Limited (GPTL)
- Khargone Transmission Limited (KTL)
- NER II Transmission Limited (NER-II)
- Odisha Generation Phase-II Transmission Limited (OGPTL)
- Goa-Tamnar Transmission Project Limited (GTTPL)
- Lakadia-Vadodara Transmission Project Ltd. (LVTPL)
- Udupi Kasargode Transmission Ltd. (UKTL)
- Mumbai Urja Marg Transmission Limited (erstwhile known as VNLTL)
- Nangalbibra Bongaigaon Transmission Limited (NBTL)
- Kishtwar Transmission Project Limited (KTPL)
- Fatehpur III Beawar Transmission Limited
Read Also: TATA Technologies Unlisted Share Price
Key Highlights –
- Approval of Draft Red Herring Prospectus
- The company now has a total portfolio of 18 transmission projects in India, spanning more than 10,143 ckm, through a total capex of INR 26,724 crores (USD 3.60 billion).
- The company has developed a portfolio of 13 transmission projects in the fast-growing South American nation, spanning 5,034 ckm, through a total capex of INR 9,257.48 crores (USD 1.83 billion).
- Consistent and industry-best uptimes of OPGW, Colocations, and UG 99.99% with no compromise QHSE of 0% LTIFR and 100% NCR score.
- MTCIL JV Scope extended by 70% (2,000 kms) in Maharashtra and tenure extension by an additional 6 years.
- 8 new logos were added to the MTCIL & GMDA network (total 41 unique customers).
- INR 700+ crores Cumulative contractual portfolio OB.
- Indigrid Transmission and Sterlite Interlinks Ltd have signed a term sheet for exclusive access to OPGW across 8 assets of 3,600 Rkm (route kilometer) approx.
Read Also: Biggest Unlisted Companies in India
Sterlite Power Board of Directors
- Pravin Agarwal, Chairman
- Pratik Pravin Agarwal, Managing Director
- A.R Narayanaswamy, Non-Executive & Independent Director
- Mr. Anoop Seth, Independent Director
- Manish Agarwal, Whole Time Director (Additional Director)
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Details
|Name||Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Details|
|Face Value||INR 2 per share|
|Lot Size||50 shares|
|Demat Status||NSDL, CDSL|
|Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Price||INR 570 per share|
|Total number of shares||12,23,63,804 shares|
|Market Cap||INR 6,975 crore|
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Details – Shareholding Pattern
Top equity shareholders of the company as of 31 March 2023:
|Shareholder Name||% to Holding||No. of shares|
|Promoter and promoter group||74.32||9,09,37,202|
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Details – Financial Metrics
|Particulars||FY 2020||FY 2021||FY 2022||FY 2023|
|Revenue Growth (%)||(15.49)||(30.35)||148.40||21.16|
|Dividend (per share)||0.00||5.30||0.00||1.00|
Read Also: Lakeshore Hospital Unlisted Share Price
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share Peer Comparison
Sales CAGR (%)
|PE Ratio||ROCE (%)||Net Margin (%)||MCap|
|Kalpataru Projects International||8.88||25.5||14.1||2.66||10,263|
|K E C International Ltd||13.0||82.2||11.8||1.02||15,454|
Sterlite Power Annual Reports
Sterlite Power Unlisted Share FAQs
Is it safe to purchase unlisted shares in India?
While there are risks associated with unlisted shares, purchases made from credible brokers and after conducting due diligence considerably lower these risks.
What is Sterlite Power unlisted share price?
Sterlite Power unlisted stock price in November 2023 is INR 570 per share. Shares are purchased in lots of 50 shares.
Who determines Sterlite Power share price?
Unlisted share price is determined by a variety of factors including recent transaction price, supply and demand, valuation in the latest funding round, profitability, and return ratios.
When is Sterlite Power IPO planned?
Pratik Agarwal, Managing Director of Sterlite Power, said that given the volatility in the current markets and the limited window available under the currently filed DRHP, it has been decided to withdraw the DRHP.