Last updated on September 7, 2023
Reliance Retail Unlisted Share Description – Reliance Retail – one of the most prominent retail players in India – has its fingers in all sorts of pies, from in-store experiences to online shopping. The company ranks 56th globally and second in the world for fastest-growing retailers according to the Deloitte report of 2022.
It has got a whopping 18,040 stores with over 65.6 million square feet of retail space, spread out across more than 7,000 cities in India. Plus, it has direct-to-customer delivery capabilities in more than 19,000 pin codes. Reliance Retail caters to millions of customers every year and boasts one of the largest and fastest-growing customer bases around, with a staggering 249 million loyalty customers shopping both in-store and online reports of 2023.
What sets Reliance Retail apart is its top-notch own-brand products, ranging from food and FMCG to fashion and consumer electronics. By tapping into customer insights, market knowledge, and vast retail reach, they’ve crafted products that compete with big-name brands in terms of quality and affordability.
And as if all that weren’t enough, Reliance Retail’s got its fingers in all sorts of retail pies, from neighborhood stores and supermarkets to wholesale cash & carry stores and online shops, effectively democratizing access to all types of products and services across all segments.
Read Also: Axles India Unlisted Share Price
Products & Services of the Reliance Retail
As a market leader, Reliance Retail caters to 5 key consumption baskets:
- Consumer Electronics – Over 8,700 Reliance Digital, MyJio Stores
- Fashion & Lifestyle – Multi-format approach involving Reliance Trends, Hamleys, UrbanLadder, AJIO brands
- Pharmacy – Chain of pharmacies and digital commerce platform under Netmeds
- Grocery – Reliance Smart, Reliance Fresh, JioMart, MilkBasket
- Connectivity – Master distributor for Jio connectivity services
Reliance Retail Subsidiary Companies
- Reliance Clothing India Private Limited
- Reliance-GrandOptical Private Limited
- Reliance Petro Marketing Limited
Reliance Retail Brands
- Fresh Signature
- Reliance Smart
- Reliance Smart Point
- Reliance Digital
- JioMart Digital
- Jio Store
- Reliance Trends
- Reliance Consumer Brands
- Avantra by Trends
- Project Eve
- Trends Footwear
- Reliance Jewels
- Fashion Factory
- Reliance Brands
- Reliance Mall
Read Also: CSK Unlisted Share Price
- On a consolidated basis, Reliance Retail delivered gross revenue of INR 1,94,249 crore for FY 2022 against INR 1,55,209 crore for the previous year, a resilient performance despite challenges from COVID disruptions throughout the year.
- The business crossed a milestone of INR 10,000 crore EBITDA in a year for the first time. It recorded an all-time high EBITDA of INR 10,365 crore for the year, a growth of 23.8% YoY.
- The company delivered a consolidated profit after tax of INR 4,938 crore against INR 4,599 crore for the previous year.
- Reliance Retail generated employment for more than 1,50,000 during the year, taking its employee base to over 3,60,000 and making Reliance Retail one of the largest employers in the country.
- Over 2,000 stores were opened during the year, taking the total count to 14,385 stores with a total area of 39 million sq. ft. extending its leadership position further into tier II and III markets. The company more than doubled its warehousing and fulfillment capabilities.
- The business recorded a Gross Revenue of INR 260,364 crore for FY 2023, a growth of 30% over last year driven by broad-based growth across consumption baskets.
Read Also: Biggest Unlisted Companies in India
Reliance Retail Board of Directors
- Ranjit V. Pandit, Independent Director
- K. Sudarshan, Independent Director
- Dipak C. Jain, Independent Director
- V. Subramaniam, Whole Time Director
- Pankaj Pawar, Non-Executive Chairman
- Sanjay Jog, Non-Executive Director
- Geeta Fulwadaya, Non-Executive Director
Reliance Retail Unlisted Share Details
|Name||Reliance Retail Unlisted Share Details|
|Face Value||INR 10 per share|
|Lot Size||10 shares|
|Demat Status||NSDL, CDSL|
|Reliance Retail Unlisted Share Price||INR 1,350 per share|
|Market Cap||INR 6,73,707 crores|
|Total number of shares||499,04,22,513 shares|
UPDATE – In July 2023, Reliance Retail announced that it plans to cancel all shares outside of promoters and will pay INR 1,362 per share to shareholders. This represents a discount of 50-60% on market rates. So far, there is no optionality for shareholders. Thus, the shares held by public will be necessarily cancelled.
Reliance Retail Unlisted Share Details – Shareholding Pattern
The details of Shareholders holding more than 5% of shares:
|Shareholder Name||% to Holding||No. of shares|
|Reliance Retail Ventures Limited||99.93||498,70,26,060|
Reliance Retail Unlisted Share Details – Financial Metrics
|Particulars||FY 2020||FY 2021||FY 2022||FY 2023|
|Revenue Growth (%)||25.46||(5.26)||24.26||32.62|
Reliance Retail Unlisted Share Peer Comparison
Sales CAGR (%)
|ROCE (%)||PE Ratio||Net Margin (%)||MCap|
|Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail Ltd||12.22||5.04||–||(0.48)||21,756|
|Avenue Supermarts Ltd||19.9||20.1||103.0||5.50||2,47,184|
Read Also: TATA Technologies Unlisted Share Price
Reliance Retail Unlisted Share FAQs
What comprises Reliance Retail’s business portfolio?
Consumer Electronics, Fashion & Lifestyle, Grocery, Pharma Retail, and Connectivity are the major focus areas for Reliance Retail.
What is Reliance Retail unlisted share price?
Reliance Retail share price in September 2023 is INR 1,350 per share. Shares are purchased in lots of 10 shares.
Who determines Reliance Retail’s unlisted share price?
Reliance Retail share price is determined by various factors including recent transaction price, supply and demand, valuation in the latest funding round, profitability, and return ratios.
Who is the ultimate owner of Reliance Retail?
Reliance Retail is owned by Reliance Retail Ventures which is owned by Reliance Industries. In terms of succession planning, Reliance Retail is earmarked for Isha Ambani who is also an Executive Director in Reliance Retail Ventures.
When is Reliance Retail IPO planned?
Reliance Retail may have their IPOs in the next 12-18 months, according to CLSA.