Last updated on January 20, 2023
Cosmo First Buyback 2022 description – Cosmo First (formerly Cosmo Films) is engaged in the production of specialty films for packaging, lamination and labeling applications. Its films offerings include biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) films, cast polypropylene (CPP) films and biaxially oriented polyethylene terephthalate (BOPET) films.
During FY 2022, domestic sales accounted for 52% of the company’s revenues while the remaining 48% was contributed by exports.
The company has 4 state of the art manufacturing facilities, including 3 in India and 1 in South Korea. The total installed capacity is as follows:
- BOPP Films – 196,000 MTPA
- Thermal Lamination Films – 40,000 MTPA
- Metalized Films – 22,000 MTPA
- Coated Films – 20,000 MTPA
- CPP Films – 10,000 MTPA
- Master batches – 10,000 MT
Cosmo First Share Buyback 2022 Details
|Cosmo First Buyback Dates||27 Jan – 9 Feb 2023|
|Cosmo First Buyback Price||INR 1,070 per share|
|Market Price on Buyback Approval||INR 828.30 per share|
|Buyback Premium on Market Price||29.18%|
|Buyback Offer Size (Shares)||10,09,345 shares|
|Buyback offer as % of total shares||3.7%|
|Buyback Offer Size (Amount)||INR 108 crore|
|Face Value||INR 10 per share|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
Cosmo First Buyback Dates (Timeline)
|Board Meeting Intimation for Buyback Proposal||28 November 2022|
|Buyback Approval Date||1 December 2022|
|Public Announcement of Buyback||5 December 2022|
|Cosmo First Buyback Record Date||14 December 2022|
|Buyback Opening Date||27 January 2023|
|Buyback Closing Date||9 February 2023|
|Cut-off Date to receive completed tender forms by Registrar||9 February 2023|
|Verification Date by the Registrar||9 February 2023|
|Return of unaccepted shares by Registrar||20 February 2023|
|Extinguishment of accepted shares||27 February 2023|
Cosmo First Buyback 2022 Documents
Cosmo First Buyback Entitlement Ratio
|Shareholder Category||Entitlement Ratio||Entitlement Ratio (in %)|
|Small Shareholders |
(less than INR 2 Lakh on record date)
|General category |
(for all other Eligible Shareholders)
Small Shareholder is defined as shareholder who holds shares worth less than INR 2,00,000 as on record date.
Cosmo First’s Financial Performance
|FY 2020||FY 2021||FY 2022|
Calculation of Investment in Buyback
|Maximum market value of a share holder as on record date||INR 2,00,000|
|Buyback price per share||INR 1,070|
|Maximum shares for small shareholder (2,00,000/1,070)||187 shares *|
|Closing price of stock as on 1 Dec 2022||INR 828.30**|
|Maximum amount invested in buyback (INR 828.30 x 187 shares)||INR 1,54,892|
** For simplicity, we have considered price on buyback approval date
Cosmo First Buyback Profit Guidance
|Shares Tendered||Buyback Entitlement||Acceptance ratio||Buyback Profit||Profit in %|
Registrar of Cosmo First Buyback 2022
LINK INTIME INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
C-101, 1st Floor, 247 Park
L.B.S. Marg, Vikhroli West
Mumbai – 400 083,
Phone: +91 22 4918 6200
Email: [email protected]
Manager of Cosmo First Buyback 2022
ANAND RATHI ADVISORS LIMITED
10th Floor, Trade D Tower, Kamla City,
Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel (West),
Mumbai – 400 013
Tel: +91-22-6626 6745
Email: [email protected]
Process to Participate in Cosmo First Buyback
All eligible shareholders of the company who own shares in the physical or demat form on the record date may participate in the buyback offer through their stock broker. The eligible shareholders who hold the shares in demat form must notify their brokers of the details of the equity shares that they wish to tender in the buyback offer.
The shareholder must transfer the tendered shares to the clearing corporation’s Special account. In turn, the broker would place a buyback order on the stock exchange.
The eligible shareholders who own the shares in physical form must present their broker with the original share certificates and supporting documents. After document verification is complete, the broker places an order on the stock exchange and submits the original share certificate and TRS (Transaction Registration Slip) to the registrar.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Cosmo First buyback dates?
Cosmo First share buyback opens on 27 January 2023 and closes on 9 February 2023.
Which type of buyback is Cosmo First buyback offer?
Cosmo First buyback is a tender offer.
What is Cosmo First buyback price?
Cosmo First buyback price is INR 1,070 per share.
What is Cosmo First buyback record date?
Cosmo First buyback record date is 14 December 2022.
How to participate in Cosmo First share buyback?
Cosmo First share buyback will be conducted through tender process and investors who hold the shares on record date can place orders through their broker.